J & M Sailing champs

J & M Sailing champs

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Underwater by Jack

Underwater
In the Maldives, we have got our own private beach spot surrounded by bright blue, crystal clear warm water. The coral comes in big blobs and there are so many schools of fish that you can’t count all of them. There are hermit crabs crawling all over our deck so Max and I built a sand barrier and watched the hermit crabs climb over each other to get out. I found a hermit crab bigger than my hand under water.
We have now been on two coral reef snorkelling trips. The first one was in the afternoon and the other one was in the morning the next day. There were at least ten sea cucumbers, a lot of different coral and hundreds of thousands of fish. There were rainbow fish, bright fish, dark fish, tropical fish, camouflage fish, spotted fish, shiny fish, striped fish, little fish and big fish.
The coral went down like a cliff. At the edge of the reef it went from warm to cold. The second time Ididn’t wear a life jacket so I could dive down deep. When I did, my ears rang like the school bell at school.
This afternoon we went on a sea plane and the colour of the water was visible from up in the air. It only had two propellers all together. But it was at least able to get off the ground or should I say water

No comments:

Post a Comment