J & M Sailing champs

J & M Sailing champs

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Maldives by Nat

Maldives-Paradise-Heaven

I knew even before the plane had landed that we were about to land in paradise. From the windows of the plane all I could see were tiny islands surrounded by the most icy blue/green water I’ve ever seen in my life. The Maldives.

We were greeted at the airport by Club Med staff and whisked onto a speedboat for a 25 minute ride past many stunning islands to the most stunning of all islands, Kani. It is more beautiful here than any of us could have imagined. The rooms overlook a private beach, and warm ocean water. For the first time ever, Jack and Max have been given their own villa and  are loving  the responsibility.

The food, the staff, the surroundings are all perfect. I don’t think I’m able to describe how amazing it is here. We all love the fact that we can access food and drinks whenever we want. The boys love going up to the bar and ordering a mocktail and bringing it back to their lounge chair under the palm tree outside their room.

Yesterday we all went snorkelling and kayaking. Today the boys are off snorkelling and then after lunch we are going in a sea plane over the Maldive Islands. Tomorrow I’m doing a Japanese cooking class. We also plan to sail at some point too.

The weather is a perfect 32 degrees everyday and the nights are about 26 degrees. I think the water temperature is about 29 degrees too.  
There is only one thing I don’t like about the island- The French women. They are all skinny and gorgeous. How are they able to resist eating 3 plates full of food every meal? I just don’t understand!
Club Med Kani, is the most beautiful place in the world and well worth a visit at least once in your lifetime. For me, it needs to be more than once!

No comments:

Post a Comment