J & M Sailing champs

J & M Sailing champs

Thursday, January 27, 2011

We have finally arrived in South Africa! by Nat x

I think I'm officially a backpacker. I've slept across seats on planes, slept on metal seats in foreign airports and have convinced the family that asking for extra food and water on the plane and then stashing it in your bags is a good thing! All to save a buck!

Yes, we are here, Cape Town, South Africa. Finally. We are all feeling extremely tired and are planning a very early night. My only regret so far is not having my camera handy as we left the airport and drove past suburbs of slums (I don't know what they're called here). We were all quite fascinated. We then came across our first beggar, some poor guy missing limbs, and Max said something about not giving him money as he's pretending to be poor. We had to explain that he couldn't pretend to be missing limbs!

The weather is going to be perfect the whole time we are here and we have planned a lovely few days touring Cape Town. Enough for now, I'm too tired to type anymore. x

2 comments:

  1. The world of back packing isn't it great! I love the photo of the boys flying the plane, I wasn't sure they did that anymore.

    All is well back home. I have since decided since moving in that I am now going to add chicken farmer, pool cleaner/handyman and gas worker to my resume. I wonder what job that will get me?

    Love the updates, keep up the good work Bicknell's!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks farmer Scott. I'm sure it's therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete